So after a week of rain and more rain, snow and freezing temps, we finally get a few good days to actually get on the field. The boys were so excited and I was pretty relieved myself. Aaron and I thought it was ironic though, that the week that he has off of school, where he could actually go to the games, we didn't play one game. NOT ONE! They all got cancelled.
It was alright though. We were able to spend time together as a family and actually sit down at the dinner table together for the whole week. That is something that we really haven't had to opportunity to do in quite a while. I guess the rain was a blessing in disguise. Yes, the boys missed their games, but they were able to see their dad in exchange.
Now if the weather would just get warmer, everything would be perfect. Some of the kids games don't start until 7:30pm, so when we are finally done at 9:30, it is frigid and terrible. We go home with drippy noses, numb legs, wind blown hair, etc. It's fun, oh it's fun. I'm just sayin', it would be nice if it were warm too.
This little man is the one who I thought would lose his mind if one more game got cancelled. This is his first year in baseball, and he was more than excited to get started. Every time a game got rained out he would say "oh, you have got to be kidding me!" It was so funny.
Seth played really well! He hit the ball every time and he threw some fantastic throws. He got the "player of the game" award on the first game. He was so happy.
What a stud! I just have to say, I am so happy that they are having so much fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment