Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Easter

HAPPY EASTER!!

This year the kids got a little extra surprise. Grandma decided to surprise everyone with the company of a baby turkey, two little duckings, and two little chicks. The kids were beside themselves with excitement. The kids asked if we could keep them, but I just told them that Mae (our dog) would try to eat them. I actually think she would try to play with them, but end up crushing them with her tremendous weight. It was fun though. Baby animals are always so cute.
We were also blessed to have the company of family on Easter Sunday. Shane and Dawn (my sister) and their children came over, Grandpa and Grandma Lund, and Grandma Adrianne.





I have decided that Easter is almost as big as Christmas when it comes to actually celebrating the holiday. We don't put up many decorations because we don't have any, but the spirit of the holiday remains. It is something that we constantly talk to our children about because of it's importance. We do like to have fun though. The kids are all about Easter egg hunts and searching for their Easter baskets on Sunday morning. I have decided though, I really don't enjoy decorating easter eggs. Every year I remind myself why it is not fun. Ya know, the screaming over how many eggs each child gets, the one child (or two in our case) that insist on climbing on the counter and knocking over cups of dye, the stained clothes, not to mention the egg shells and smashed boiled eggs all over the kitchen and living room floor. Need I say more?




Anyway, it was so nice to reflect on the resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. So nice to be able to spend time together as a family, and to spend time with extended family as well. It was also pretty nice to have some sweets. Not that I need it or anything, but it's so yummy. Hope everyone had a nice weekend remembering the things in our lives that are most important. The Savior and those who love us. Happy Easter.

1 comment:

Amy said...

You are an amazing woman!! Just thought I would remind you!