Thursday, May 5, 2011

To the Amazing Women in my Life

Most days go by as normal without a second thought of some of the most important women in our lives. Sure, we talk to them on a daily or weekly basis, have some interaction now and then, but life keeps moving and time keeps slipping. Before we know it, today is yesterday, and we may look back on a time where we wish we could have said something so important, but life was too busy, or moved too fast. Today is NOT one of those days.
I love you Mom.
Thank you for all the years of caring for me. For giving me life and raising me to be the person that I am today. Thank you for giving me opportunity to discover who I was, for teaching me that I am a daughter of God, and a daughter loved by her parents. Thank you for wiping my tears, for caring for me while I was sick. Thank you for sitting up late at night waiting for me to walk through the door after a night out. Thank you for the napkins in my lunch bags that had written "I love you" on them. Thank you for the wonderful aroma's that filled our home, and that I could smell from the front porch coming home from school. Thank you for loving me through hard times and good. Thank you for countless things, more than I could write in this blog. Thank you for letting me be me. I love you.


I love you Mom.
Thank you for waiting so long and enduring years of hard and gut wrenching Mother's days when your arms were empty. Thank you for doing everything you did to raise such a kind, loving and respectful son. Thank you for accepting me into your home, heart and family. Thank you for the long talks and a listening ear. Thank you for loving me as me. I couldn't have asked for a better Mother-in-law. Truly, I was blessed. I love you.
I Love you Lindsay.
Thank you for being a wonderful sister-in-law. Thank you for all your advice and our long distance phone calls. Thank you for treating my children like your own. Thank you for putting up with my faults, and mishaps. Thank you for caring about me from the first time you met me. For loving me just because I loved your brother. For standing by my side when I went down the mountain. I don't remember it, but Aaron said you wouldn't leave my side, and that means so much to me. Thank you for being my friend. I love you.
I love you Dawn.
To the person who I shared a room with my whole childhood, who put up with me stealing her clothes, who wasn't afraid to walk in on me in the bathroom or shower together when time was short. Thank you for all the long nights we stayed up talking when Dad and Mom thought we were sleeping. Thank you for understanding me when I felt that no one else could. Thank you for the advice, the laughter, the fighting. You had a great deal of influence on me, and I am so grateful for you. Heavenly Father knew that I needed you. I love you.
There is so much more that I could write, but it would just take too long. The moments that I have shared with these beautiful women have shaped who I am today. I just needed to say how much I love them. We should all take the time to wish those special women in our lives a wonderful day. Mother's Day only happens once a year, but our moms will be our moms forever, and our sisters our friends forever.
Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: