Saturday, June 27, 2009

Our new Addition

It started with me walking to the ball field for little Aarons last baseball game. I was fine all day long, but walking from the parking lot to the field got things moving. Finally, the inevitable arrival of our 6th child was becoming a reality. I sat through the game with contractions every 3 to 4 minutes apart.

I knew that the worst that could happen was that my water would break, so I sat through the game, the pain, and the agony of early labor. Later in the evening it became too much to bear at home. I let Aaron know that we needed to go to the hospital. We were admitted and getting ready for a long and sleepless night.


At 4:14am we welcomed little Gideon Thomas Libby into the world. He came into the world calm and peaceful, a little shocked by the cold room, but still not a cry. Not until he was given his first shot. Then he let the world know that he was here. He weighed in at 7 lbs. 6 ozs. and measured 20 inches long.


He has beautiful black hair that completely covers his head, and he looks like his two older brothers (Seth & Micah). He is such a beautiful baby. The kids all love him so so much. A little too much at times.

All in all, the pregnancy is finally over, Gideon is here safe and sound, with ten fingers ten toes, and he's awesome. We fell in love instantly. It all seemed so unreal when we were in the hospital preparing for his arrival, but it happened and it is as real as ever.


Our family is complete, and we thank our Heavenly Father for Gideons safe arrival, and for the other five beautiful and healthy kids that we have. We are so blessed, and that is something that we could never deny. It doesn't matter where we live, how much money we have, or the possessions we accumulate. We are a family. We have love, the gospel, we teach and serve one another, and that is what matters.

1 comment:

Pace's said...

He is so cute. The kids all look so cute with him. You guys are so amazing and blessed. You have such awesome children. I love every Sunday as the boys come in with their arms folded following Aaron to go sit down. I hope my kids can follow their examples. Thanks for being such an example to our little family.