Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Crazy Life!!

So, I know I haven't posted for a really long time. I just feel overwhelmed with life itself. Lots has happened since my last post. Seth turned 4 and is now in his second year of preschool. Gideon turned 1 year old and started walking, Jacob started 2nd grade, Aaron started 4th grade (WHAT THE HECK!!), and Mary started Kindergarten. Seems like they are all growing so fast. Too fast!
In April we made our way to California for a family vacation, and it was surely one for the books! Aaron was at Catalina Island for Scuba certification, so I drove with 6 kids by myself. That was an adventure in and of itself, but after traveling for almost 12 hours (potty breaks and snacks were all too frequent) and putting $80 of gas in the Tahoe in Barstow, CA. the car decided that it was going to die. It did so right after I had gotten back on the freeway after filling up. I only had about an hour to go before meeting Aaron, and it DIED! The trip that we once had payed for in full was now going to get much more expensive then we were prepared for. The tow cost $500 for 100 miles, and then we lost the use of our vehicle for 2 days while it was being fixed. That ended up costing about $1500. We had some fun going to a pirate dinner, Universal Studios, and then we went to California Adventure. Boy was it an adventure.... Aaron, little Aaron, and Seth all got food poisoning from the lovely hotel food that wasn't kept hot enough. We hadn't even been at the park for an hour before one by one they started to drop like flies. Ironic thing was that we took the hotel shuttle to save the $14 in parking (since we just spent 2 grand more than we anticipated), and then the shuttle couldn't come get us. We ended up spending $23 for a taxi to take our sorry butts back to the hotel so that the boys could poop and puke in the privacy of our room instead of Downtown Disney. Enough said. We ended up having a great day at Disneyland the next day and then driving to San Francisco before heading home, and had some fun there. Golden gate Bridge, the Piers, Etc. SO, that is that in a nutshell. Life is crazy and busy. We have been so blessed with life that we can't even keep up.

2 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

Yeah, now you accept comments. I love following your cute family via your blog. What an adventure that is for sure! Wow! Hopefully it did not scare you from doing it again. You are a brave Mom!!!

Pace's said...

I'm so sorry about your Cali trip. That sucks, but at least you and some of your kids will never forget it. You are such an amazing mom and family, I can't believe how fast our kids are growing. Are you old enough to have a 4th grader?? Seriously love you Kre.