
I just have to say that as chaotic as life gets, I am pretty sure that I will miss this time when they are all grown.

Today was just one of those days where everything just seemed to be out of control. This is probably more typical than I realize, but this morning I just wanted to escape.

All of the kids wanted Aebleskivers for breakfast this morning. They all sounded like little broken records, or hungry baby birds. Not only that but they apparently forgot that they had manners, so not one kind word was spoken. Amongst all of the screaming and crying, Seth decided to take a maglight flashlight and whack Mary on the head with it a few times. That didn't go over so well with her. That just intensified the noise and crying.
Seth just couldn't understand why he got reprimended when he did such a mean thing to his sister. We did make it to church on time, and imagine what the subject of all the talks was. Well, they were focusing on reverence.
Of course I felt completely inadequete at the time, and that I was failing miserably at trying to keep my children reverent during church,

After church we were able to get more of a handle on things, and ended up having a pretty pleasant evening. The kids had fun getting vegetables out of the garden with their dad, and then standing on the front porch as we watched the rain come down. TONS OF IT!! When I put the kids down for bed, they all expressed how much they loved me, and I realized that this time will pass too quickly. Things may be rough at times, but It's just another day in paradise for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment