
It's been a while since I have written, but
HAPPY 4TH of JULY to everyone!! We had a great day today. I have found that creating traditions has been a fun and joyful thing that our kids have learned to count on and look forward to. Every year for at least the past 10 years we have been going to Brighton Ski Resort for breakfast on the 4th. My parents were the first ones to start going and told all of us about it. We started going every year, and now our children start asking about it in December. "When do we get to go to Brighton again and then do fireworks?" It is something that we count down the days to.

We started with just Aaron and me, then little Aaron, then one more new Libby almost every year. This year was Micah's first Independence Day Holiday. I think he had a good time.
My parents and brothers, and my sister and her family all went to the breakfast. Then we went and say KUNG FU PANDA. Afterwards, we went to eat a late lunch. 
It was a ton of fun and such a great opportunity to be together as a family continuing our Tradition. I really love my family and I am so happy that we can have these great memories.

We all walked around Silver Lake. It was such a pretty day, and so much fun. This evening everyone came back to our home and we did fireworks and a light BBQ. THe kids had fun jumping on the trampoline, riding bikes, and our nephew even tried his stuff at riding a two wheeler! Way to go Kahner, you did great!! It will just get easier and easier. Without really saying, our kids didn't get to bed until almost midnight, and now here I am up blogging. Whatever. All I really wanted to say is that Family Traditions are terrific!!
1 comment:
Yo yo, glad we finally found you. Give us a shout, pacecrazyness.blogspot.com
Post a Comment