I just have to say how proud I am of my little brother Whit! He graduated yesterday from Utah State University with his BA in International Business. He had the opportunity during the time of his schooling to travel to many different places. Most of which were great experiences. There was one that I can recall was rather scary when he was stuck in Morroco. The country wouldn't let him leave because of some passport issues, but through faith and prayer, and alot of time on the phone with the American Embassy he was finally allowed to leave. We are all so proud of him. He graduated Cum Laude with an average GPA of 3.5-3.799. What an accomplishment!!
Last year he was a study abroad student and was able to go to school at West Syndney University in Australia. He went to New Zealand a couple of times while he was there, and did things so crazy (like kayaking off of huge waterfalls, ice climbing, sky diving, surfing, etc.) that I told my dad he should take out a life insurance policy on him, just in case. He's done more in one year than I think I will be able to do in my lifetime. He traveled through different parts of China, and then went to Europe where he met up with our other brother Orville. (he's the baby) They spent a month in Europe together having a good time before Whit went back to school in London for a semester. Anyway, Elder L. Tom Perry was the commencment speaker at the graduation. It was quite a treat to hear him speak. Whit was able to shake his hand as they presented him with his degree.
Whit was able to go to school with
full scholarship. It was fun day for all of us to travel up to Logan, and spend the day with him. After his graduation we moved him out of his apartment and then went to Brigham City where we ate at Maddox. We love that place, and we usually only get to eat there about once a year. Dad & Mom treated all of us. (I am sure their bill was outrageous! Thanks!) Then we went to Idle Isle to get some great chocolates that we can only get there. (Dad treated us to that too. What a nice guy!)
1 comment:
Thanks, Kree, for the kind words and flattering biography. You've been a big support and I love you.
xx
Post a Comment