Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Today's a BIG day!




It is always a momentous time to send the kiddo's off to school, and today just added to the back to school fun.  Micah started preschool at Little Learner's Academy today!  He is such a big boy.
 Last night he was playing in the kitchen.  I asked "Micah, do you know what you get to do tomorrow?" He replied in a very grown up, calm voice "Yup, I get to go to peeschool." It was cute.
 When we got to the school, he was so excited and had a huge smile on his face.  I got out of the car and unbuckled his seat so that Miss Jessica could take him out of the car.  He was fine until she reached for him and then the smile left very quickly.  He headed back to his car seat reluctantly.  I said "Micah, it's time for you to go to school." Without hesitation he looked at Seth and said "No mom, it is Sethy's turn to go to school." I carried him out of the car, gave him a kiss on the forehead while he clung to me with all that he had. I then passed him to Miss Jessica, and told him to have fun, and that I would be back soon.
 I was really nervous that he was going to cry, but they said he did just fine once he was inside.  He was busy singing and drawing, playing and listening.  He did really well.

 When I picked him up, he said that he had soooooo much fun and that he loved school.
So, this is 5 down and only one more to go!  Starting next fall, Gid will be in preschool too.

No comments: