Sunday, October 19, 2008

One of my Favorite Seasons!!


So I just have to say that I love Autumn!  It is one of the greatest times of the year.  It is the season when we get to dress up, stuff our faces with treats galore (only feeling semi guilty!),  put on our jackets and coats, have little red noses, and watch the leaves change.  Not to mention that I don't usually suffer from allergies in the fall, so it makes it that much better.
This year we decided to go pick our pumpkins for Halloween out of a pumpkin patch instead of a bin at the store.  We thought it would create good memories for the kids.  It was so much fun and the kids had so much fun.  I think we started a new tradition this year.

Isn't Micah so dang cute.  He didn't even mind sitting on the hard straw to get this pic.  He's such a good little man.
As for the others, well, let's just say that Aaron and I gave eachother the look like we were either speaking a different language to our kids or they just didn't care to listen.  Fun anyway!

This is one of those reasons why I love the season.  This was my second attempt in ten years to make apple pie.  I think I did okay.  It tasted awesome!  The crust was a little stiff, but I have a hard time not touching the dough.  I want it to stick together, not fall apart.  I man handled it.  Those were made last week.  Tonight my apple pies turned out great.  I let go of my obsession with cohesive dough and just let it fall apart.  It tasted much better.
This is how Seth got around at the patch.  His legs are too little still to keep up fast enough with the other fast and non stop Libbylets.



Oh, another reason why I love this season is because it is when I met my husband eleven years ago.  It was love at first sight, and I never looked back.  Life has never been better!


No comments: